11th Regiment, Virginia Cavalry (Confederate)
From FamilySearch Wiki
Revision as of 18:26, 2 January 2011 by Randlepandle (Created page with '=== Brief History === *Organized in February 1863, by consolidating the 17th Battalion Virginia Cavalry, one company from the 24th Battalion Virginia Cavalry, and two companies…')
- Organized in February 1863, by consolidating the 17th Battalion Virginia Cavalry, one company from the 24th Battalion Virginia Cavalry, and two companies of the 5th Regiment Virginia Cavalry.
- The unit served in W. E. Jones', Lomax's, Rosser's, and J. Dearing's Brigade, Army of Northern Virginia.
- It was active in the conflicts at Upperville, Fairfield, Bristoe, and Mine Run. Later the regiment participated in The Wilderness Campaign, the defense of Richmond, and Early's Shenandoah Valley operations.
- It then disbanded as there were no members at Appomattox.
- Field officers: Colonels Oliver R. Funsten and Lunsford L. Lomax, Lieutenant Colonel Matt D. Ball, and Majors William H. Harness and Edward H. McDonald.
- Field and Staff
- Company A
- Company B
- Company C
- Company D
- Company E
- Company F
- Company G
- Company H
- Company I
- Company K