11th Virginia Regiment (Revolutionary War)
The 11th Regiment was formed in February 1777. The 11th Regiment was also known as Morgan's Rifles. Companies recruited men from Loudoun, Frederick, Prince William, and Amelia counties. Field officers were Colonel Daniel Morgan, Lt. Colonel John Cropper, Major Thomas Snead, and Major Thomas Massie.
- Company - Captain William Blackwell
- Company - Captain Peter B. Bruin
- Company - Captain Charles Gallchue
- Company - Captain Gabriel Long
- Company - Captain Charles Porterfield
- Company - Captain William Smith
- Company - Captain George Rice, org. 18 January 1777 - many men from Frederick and Augusta counties
- Company - Captain Porter Fields
- Company - Captain William Brady
- The information above is from 11th Virginia Regiment at Valley Forge Legacy: The Muster Roll Project.
- Rosters Companies 1-8
- "11th Virginia Regiment," Valley Forge Legacy: The Muster Roll Project, http://valleyforgemusterroll.org/regiments/va11.asp, accessed 23 January 2012.
- Wikipedia Contributors, "11th Virginia Regiment," in Wikipedia: The Free Encyclopedia, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/11th_Virginia_Regiment, accessed 23 January 2012.