12th Regiment, Virginia Cavalry (Confederate)
From FamilySearch Wiki
Revision as of 18:34, 2 January 2011 by Randlepandle (Created page with '=== Brief History === *Organized at Conrad's Store, Virginia, in June 1862, with companies from the 7th Regiment Virginia Cavalry. *The unit served in W. E. Jones', Rosser's, a…')
- Organized at Conrad's Store, Virginia, in June 1862, with companies from the 7th Regiment Virginia Cavalry.
- The unit served in W. E. Jones', Rosser's, and J. Dearing's Brigade, Army of Northern Virginia. It fought in Northern Virginia, in the Maryland Campaign, at Brandy Station, then was involved in various conflicts -- in the western part of Virginia. The regiment continued the fight at Bristoe and Mine Run, in the battles around The Wilderness and Cold Harbor, and in Early's operations in the Shenandoah Valley.
- During mid--April, 1865, it disbanded.
- Field officers: Colonel Asher W. Harman, Lieutenant Colonels Richard H. Burks and Thomas B. Massie, and Major John L. Knott.
- also called 10th Regiment
- Surname Roster A-B
- Surname Roster C-E
- Surname Roster F-G
- Surname Roster H-L
- Surname Roster M-O
- Surname Roster P-R
- Surname Roster S-V
- Surname Roster W-Z