145th Regiment, Illinois Infantry (100 days, 1864)
The 50th Regiment, Illinois Infantry was organized at Quincy, Illinois and mustered in on September 12, 1861. They moved to Louisville, Kentucky on June 3-8 and mustered out on July 13, 1865.
For more information about the 50th Regiment, Illinois Infantry, see the following:
- Wikipedia, (accessed 16 Dec 2010) article for 50th Illinois Volunteer Infantry Regiment.
- The Civil War Archive. (accessed 23 Dec 2010) Brief history of the 50th Regiment Infantry.
Companies in this Regiment with County of Origin
Men often enlisted in a company recruited in the counties where they lived though not always. After many battles, companies might be combined because so many men were killed or wounded. However if you are unsure which company your ancestor was in, try the company recruited in his county first.
The following counties of origin are taken from the Adjutant General's Report, found on the Illinois Civil War Rosters web site. Roster pages are from the same report found on the Internet Archives web site. The rosters show the men who served in each regiment, their residences, dates of enlistment and mustering out, and other remarks.
- Company A - many men from
- Company B - many men from
- Company C - many men from
- Company D - many men from
- Company E - many men from
- Company F - many men from
- Company G - many men from
- Company H - many men from
- Company I - many men from
- Company K - many men from
- UnAssigned Recruits
- Civil War Soldiers and Sailors System, (accessed 30 Dec. 2010) can be searched by soldier's name or by regiment; includes regimental rosters and additional history of the regiment.