150th Regiment, Pennsylvania Infantry
This regiment was organized at Philadelphia and Harrisburg September 4, 1862It mustered out June 23, 1865.
For more information on the history of the 150th Pennsylvania Infantry, see the following:
- The Wikipedia article, 150th Pennsylvania Infantry (accessed 8 November, 2011)
- The Civil War Archive section, 150th Regiment Infantry, (accessed 26 October 2012).
Companies in this Regiment with the Counties of Origin
Men often enlisted in a company recruited in the counties where they lived though not always. After many battles, companies might be combined because so many men were killed or wounded. However if you are unsure which company your ancestor was in, try the company recruited in his county first.
Field Officers and Staff - See Roster
Company A - Many men were recruited in Philadelphia County - See Roster
Company B - Many men were recruited in Philadelphia County - See Roster
Company C - Many men were recruited in Crawford County - See Roster
Company D - Many men were recruited in Union County - See Roster
Company E - Many men were recruited in Philadelphia County - See Roster
Company F - Many men were recruited in Philadelphia County - See Roster
Company G - Many men were recruited in McKean County - See Roster
Company H - Many men were recruited in Crawford County - See Roster
Company I - Many men were recruited in Crawford County - See Roster
Company K - Many men were recruited in Crawford County - See Roster
Unassigned Men - See Roster
- Beginning United States Civil War Research gives steps for finding information about a Civil War soldier. It covers the major records that should be used. Additional records are described in ‘Pennsylvania in the Civil War’ and ‘United States Civil War, 1861 to 1865’ (see below).
- National Park Service, The Civil War Soldiers and Sailors System, is searchable by soldier's name and state. It contains basic facts about soldiers on both sides of the Civil War, a list of regiments, descriptions of significant battles, sources of the information, and suggestions for where to find additional information.
- Pennsylvania in the Civil War describes many sources, specifically for Pennsylvania, and how to find them. These include compiled service records, pension records, rosters, cemetery records, Internet databases, published books, etc.
- United States Civil War, 1861 to 1865 describes and explains United States and Confederate States records, rather than state records, and how to find them. These include veterans’ censuses, compiled service records, pension records, rosters, cemetery records, Internet databases, published books, etc.
- Ashhurst, Richard Lewis. Address to the Survivors' Association of the 150th Regiment Pennsylvania Volunteers. Philadelphia: Print. house of Allen, Lane & Scott, 1896. FHL Collection.InternetArchives. HathiTrust. WorldCat.
- Chamberlin, Thomas. History of the One Hundred and Fiftieth Regiment, Pennsylvania Volunteers, Second Regiment, Bucktail Brigade. Philadelphia: F. McManus, jr. & Co., printers, 1905. FHL 974.8 M2ch. FHL Fiche 6084108.InternetArchive. GoogleBooks. WorldCat.
- Gildersleeve, Henry A. (Henry Alger). Oration. (Bethesda, Maryland : University Publications of America, c1992), FHL fiche 6083847
- Huidekoper, Henry Shippen. Oration. (S.l: s.n, 1894). FHL fiche 6084110. WorldCat and A Short Story of the First Day's Fight at Gettysburg. (Philadelphia: Bicking print, 1906). FHL fiche 6084109. InternetArchive. GoogleBooks.WorldCat.
- Kieffer, Henry Martyn. The Recollections of a Drummer-Boy. (Boston: Ticknor and Company, 1889). FHL fiche 6084111. InternetArchive. GoogleBooks. WorldCat.
- Schroeder, Patrick A., and Ronn Palm. Pennsylvania Bucktails: A Photographic Album of the 42nd, 149th & 150th Pennsylvania Regiments. (Daleville, VA: Schroeder Publications, 2001). FHL book 974.8 M2sp.WorldCat.
- Scott, Kate M. History of the one hundred and fifth regiment of Pennsylvania volunteers : a complete history of the organization, marches, battles ... from the beginning to the close of the war, 1861-1865. (Baltimore, Maryland : Butternut and Blue in conjunction with the Jefferson Co. Historical Soc., c1993), FHL book 974.8 M2s and (Bethesda, Maryland : University Publications of America, c1992), FHL fiche 6084054
- Pa-roots gives a history of this regiment and includesrosters for each company. It also lists additional references.
- Ranger95 describes the history of this regiment. It lists rosters for each company. It includes an image of the monument for this regiment.
- National Park Service, The Civil War Soldiers and Sailors System, (accessed 6 December 2010).