152nd Regiment, Illinois Infantry (1 year, 1865)
The 152nd Regiment, Illinois Infantry (1 year,rganized at Camp Butler, Illinois, and mustered in for 1 year February 18, 1865. Moved to Memphis, Tennessee, and duty there until September. It mustered out September 9, 1865. 
Companies in this Regiment with County of Origin
Men often enlisted in a company recruited in the counties where they lived though not always. After many battles, companies might be combined because so many men were killed or wounded. However if you are unsure which company your ancestor was in, try the company recruited in his county first.
The following counties of origin are taken from the Adjutant General's Report, found on the Illinois Civil War Rosters web site. Roster pages are from the same report found on the Internet Archives web site. The rosters show the men who served in each regiment, their residences, dates of enlistment and mustering out, and other remarks.
- Company A - many men from Menard County - Menard County web site -
- Company B - many men from McLean and Sangamon counties - McLean and Sangamon county web sites -
- Company C - many men from McLean County - McLean County web site -
- Company D - many men from Tazewell County - Tazewell County web site -
- Company E - many men from Clay County - Clay County web site -
- Company F - many men from Edwards and Marion counties - Edwards and Marion county web sites -
Company G - many men from Clark County - Clark County web site -
- Company H - many men from Crawford County - Crawford County web site -
Company I - many men from Macoupin County - Macoupin County web site -
- Company K - many men from Macon County - Macon County web site -
- Unassigned Recruits
- Civil War Soldiers and Sailors System, (accessed 30 Dec. 2010) can be searched by soldier's name or by regiment; includes regimental rosters and additional history of the regiment.
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found