Difference between revisions of "17th Regiment, South Carolina Militia"
(New link in header)
|Line 31:||Line 31:|
Revision as of 17:31, 9 April 2011
"Units of the Confederate States Army" by Joseph H. Crute, Jr. contains no history for this unit.17th Regiment, South Carolina Militia  .
Companies in this Regiment with the Counties of Origin
Men often enlisted in a company recruited in the counties where they lived though not always. After many battles, companies might be combined because so many men were killed or wounded. However if you are unsure which company your ancestor was in, try the company recruited in his county first.
- Buist's Company - Roster, (accessed 6 Apr 2011).
- Elliott's Company Cadet Riflemen - Roster, (accessed 6 Ar 2011).
- Roger's Company - Roster, (accessed 6 Apr 2011).
- Civil War Soldiers and Sailors System can be searched by soldier's name or by regiment; includes regimental rosters and additional history of the regiment. This site uses Joseph H. Crute's book, Units of the Confederate States Army, as their main source for the regiment history. Family History Library book 973 M2crua, FHL Collection, WorldCat.
- Footnote.com (A subscription website, but is available for use at the Family History Library and some Family History Centers). It has digital Civil War soldier service records and brief regiment histories (located at the bottom of some of the muster rolls).
- 17th Regiment South Carolina Militia, (accessed 6 Apr 2011). This website lists the Field and Staff with links to some of the companies.
- National Park Service, The Civil War Soldiers and Sailors System (accessed 4 January 2011).