19th Battalion, South Carolina Cavalry
19th Cavalry Battalion was formed in January, 1865, by consolidating five independent cavalry companies. Surrendered with the Army of Tennessee  .
Companies in this Battalion with the Counties of Origin
Men often enlisted in a company recruited in the counties where they lived though not always. After many battles, companies might be combined because so many men were killed or wounded. However if you are unsure which company your ancestor was in, try the company recruited in his county first.
- A Company, May River Troop; Captain M.J. Kirk
- B Company, Keitts Cavlary, Keitts Mounted Riflemen
- C Company, May River Troop
- D Company
- E Compnay, Ripley Rangers, Assignment: Trapier's Brigade, January - February 1865.
- F Company
- G Company
- National Park Service, The Civil War Soldiers and Sailors System (accessed 4 January 2011).