1st Regiment, South Carolina State Troops
Joseph H. Crute, Jr.'s book, "Units of the Confederate States Army", contains no history for this unit.
This regiment’s name is most likely a shorter or longer version of one of the other regiments; or it may have existed only a short time when it was transferred into another regiment or was combined with another regiment to create a new regiment. Looking at the service records of the soldiers may give clues to the different regiments they may have served in.
Companies in this Regiment with the Counties of Origin
Men often enlisted in a company recruited in the counties where they lived though not always. After many battles, companies might be combined because so many men were killed or wounded. However if you are unsure which company your ancestor was in, try the company recruited in his county first.
- Company A - Roster - Anderson District
- Company B - Roster
- Company C - Roster - Anderson District
- Company D - Roster
- Company E - Roster - Greenville District
- Company F - Roster - Abbeville District
- Company G - Roster - Larens District
- Company H - Roster - Greenville District
- Company I - Roster
- Company K - Roster