25th Regiment, United States Colored Infantry
Organized at Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, January 13, to February 12,1864.
Sailed for New Orleans, Louisiana, on Steamer "Suwahnee" March 15,1864 (Right Wing). Vessel sprung a leak off Hatteras and put into harbor at Beaufort, North Carolina.
Duty there in the defences, under Gen. Wessells, till April, then proceeded to New Orleans, arriving May 1.
Designation changed to 93rd U.S. Colored Troops. April 4,1864.
Mustered out December 6, 1865. 
The Civil War Soldiers and Sailors System list 1,649 men serving in this regiment.
Companies in this Regiment with the Counties of Origin
Men often enlisted in a company recruited in the counties where they lived though not always. After many battles, companies might be combined because so many men were killed or wounded. However if you are unsure which company your ancestor was in, try the company recruited in his county first.
Pennsylvania in the Civil War U.S. Colored Troops Regiments this site is searchable by regiment and company, listing the soldiers name, rank, mustered in date and remarks.
- Beginning United States Civil War Research gives steps for finding information about a Civil War soldier or sailor. It covers the major records that should be used. Additional records are described in 'Union Volunteers in the Civil War' and 'United States Civil War, 1861 to 1865' (see below).
- National Park Service, The Civil War Soldiers and Sailors System, is searchable by soldier's name and state. It contains basic facts about soldiers on both sides of the Civil War, a list of regiments, descriptions of significant battles, sources of the information, and suggestions for where to find additional information.
- Union Volunteers in the Civil War describes many Union sources, specifically for the Union Volunteers, and how to find them.. These include compiled service records, pension records, rosters, cemetery records, Internet databases, published books, etc.
- United States Civil War, 1861 to 1865 describes and explains United States records, rather than state records, and how to find them. These include veterans’ censuses, compiled service records, pension records, rosters, cemetery records, Internet databases, published books, etc.
- 25th United States Colored Regiment Pennsylvania Volunteers- history and service http://www.pa-roots.com/pacw/usct/25thusct/25thusctorg.html
- FamilySearch Wiki: Pennsylvania in the Civil War , Louisiana in the Civil War,North Carolina in the Civil War
- National Park Service, The Civil War Soldiers and Sailors System, (accessed 6 December 2010).
- Tabular Analysis of the Records of the U.S. Colored Troops and Their Predecessor Units in the National Archives of the United States. Special List No. 33. National Archives and records Service General Services Adminsitration Washington: 1973.Compiled by Joseph B. Ross.FHL 973 M2rt Film:1036062 Item 21
- "Bibliography of State participation in the Civil war 1861-1866". War Department: Office of the Chief of Staff. War College Division, General Staff, No. 19. Washington Government Printing Office. 1913.
Tabular Analysis of the Records of the U.S. Colored Troops and Their Predecessor Units in the National Archives of the United States.Special List No. 33. National Archives and records Service General Services Adminsitration Washington: 1973. Compiled by Joseph B. Ross. FHL Book 973 M2rt Film:1036062 Item 21