Difference between revisions of "25th Regiment, Virginia Cavalry (Confederate)"
m (moved 25th Regiment, Virginia Cavalry to 25th Regiment, Virginia Cavalry (Confederate): to distinguish from Union)
Revision as of 00:09, 29 April 2011
- Organized in July, 1864, using the 27th Battalion Virginia Partisan Rangers as its nucleus.
- Serving in McCausland's and Imboden's Brigade, the unit fought in numerous engagements in western Virginia and the Shenandoah Valley.
- During April 1865, it disbanded.
- Commanders were Colonel Warren M. Hopkins, Lieutenant Colonel Henry A. Edmundson, and Major Sylvester R. McConnell.
Companies in this Regiment with the Counties of Origin
Men often enlisted in a company recruited in the counties where they lived though not always. After many battles, companies might be combined because so many men were killed or wounded. However if you are unsure which company your ancestor was in, try the company recruited in his county first.
- Field & Staff
- Company A
- Company B
- Company C
- Company D
- Company E
- Company F
- Company G
- Company H
- Company I
- Company K
National Park Service, The Civil War Soldiers and Sailors System, (accessed December 2010).
- National Park Service, The Civil War Soldiers and Sailors System, (accessed December 2010).