2nd Pennsylvania Regiment (Revolutionary War)
From FamilySearch Wiki
Revision as of 19:56, 2 June 2012 by Murphynw
- Company A - Captain John Patterson (perhaps of Philadelphia)
- Company B - Captain John Bankson of Philadelphia, Captain John Irwin (Irvine)
- Company C - Captain William Williams (perhaps of Berks County)
- Company D - Captain Roger Staynor of Philadelphia, Captain Peter Gosner, Captain John Bankson of Philadelphia
- Company E - Captain George Jenkins of Philadelphia, Major John Murray (of what is now Dauphin County), Major John Hamilton
- Company F - Captain Jacob Ashmead of Germantown, Philadelphia County, Captain John Cobea
- Company G - Captain Samuel Tolbert, Captain Jacob Ashmead
- Company H - (perhaps) Captain Christopher (or Christian) Staddel (or Staddle), Captain John Marshall of what is now Dauphin County, Captain Jacob Ashmead
- Company I - Lieutenant Colonel Henry Miller, Lieutenant Colonel John Murray, Captain Lieutenant John Stoy
- Trussell, John B.B. and Charles C. Dallas. The Pennsylvania Line; Regimental Organization and Operations, 1776-1783. Harrisburg, Pa.: Pennsylvania Historical and Museum Commission, 1977. Digital version at Family History Archive.
- Rosters Companies
- 2nd Pennsylvania Regiment at Valley Forge Legacy
- 2nd Pennsylvania History. Reenactment group. Includes history, events schedule.