37th Regiment, Ohio Infantry
The 37th Regiment, Ohio Infantry mustered in October 2, 1861 at Camp Dennison, Ohio. They were mustered out August 7, 1865 at Little Rock, Arkansas. 
For more information on the history of the 37th Ohio Infantry see the following:
- Larry Stevens' Ohio in the Civil War, 37th Ohio Infantry
- The Civil War Archive section, 37th Regiment Infantry, (accessed 30 August 2012).
- The Wikipedia article, 37th Ohio Infantry (accessed November 1, 2011)
Companies in this Regiment with the Counties of Origin
Men often enlisted in a company recruited in the counties where they lived though not always. After many battles, companies might be combined because so many men were killed or wounded. However if you are unsure which company your ancestor was in, try the company recruited in his county first.
Company B - see Roster.
Company D - seeRoster.
Company E - see Roster. -
Company G - see Roster.
Company K - see Roster.
- Beginning United States Civil War Research gives steps for finding information about a Civil War soldier. It covers the major records that should be used. Additional records are described in ‘Ohio in the Civil War’ and ‘United States Civil War, 1861 to 1865’ (see below).
- National Park Service, The Civil War Soldiers and Sailors System, is searchable by soldier's name and state. It contains basic facts about soldiers on both sides of the Civil War, a list of regiments, descriptions of significant battles, sources of the information, and suggestions for where to find additional information.
- Ohio in the Civil War describes many Confederate and Union sources, specifically for Ohio, and how to find them.. These include compiled service records, pension records, rosters, cemetery records, Internet databases, published books, etc.
- United States Civil War, 1861 to 1865 describes and explains United States and Confederate States records, rather than state records, and how to find them. These include veterans’ censuses, compiled service records, pension records, rosters, cemetery records, Internet databases, published books, etc.
- United States. Army.Ohio Infantry Regiment, 37th. History of the Thirty-seventh Regiment, Ohio Veteran Volunteer Infantry and proceedings of the ninth reunion, 1889. (Columbus, Ohio : Ohio Historical Society, 1988) FHL 1688766 Item 2 and Ninth reunion of the 37th Regiment, O. V. V. I., St. Marys, Ohio ...(Bethesda, Maryland : University Publications of America, c1993) FHL Fiche 6118189
- National Park Service, The Civil War Soldiers and Sailors System, (accessed 6 December 2010).
- C. W. Williamson, History of Western Ohio and Auglaize County, (Columbus, Ohio : W.M. Linn, 1905), page 530. Internet Archive.
-  History of Cuyahoga County, Ohio, page Cite error: Invalid
<ref>tag; name "Cuyahoga" defined multiple times with different content Cite error: Invalid
<ref>tag; name "Cuyahoga" defined multiple times with different content
- History of Western Ohio and Auglaize County. page 573.
-  History of Trumbull and Mahoning Conty page 130