4th Battery, Indiana Light Artillery
Organized at Indianapolis, Indiana, and mustered in September 30, 1861.
Mustered out August 1, 1865 at Indianapolis, Indiana. 
Companies in this Regiment with the Counties of Origin
Men often enlisted in a company recruited in the counties where they lived though not always. After many battles, companies might be combined because so many men were killed or wounded. However if you are unsure which company your ancestor was in, try the company recruited in his county first.
- Officer and Non-Commissioned Office - see Roster
- Fourth Battery - no cities or counties given - see Roster on page 705-709
- Unassigned Recuits - see Roster on page 709
The Battery with their counties and their rosters are on the 4th Indiana Light Battery, on CIVIL WAR INDEX web site. (accessed 05 Feb 2011 2011)
- Fouth Battery - many men from Jasper Country
- Civil War Soldiers and Sailors System (accessed 28 Dec 2010) can be searched by soldier's name or by regiment; includes regimental rosters and additional history of the regiment.
- The Civil War Archive. (accessed 28 Dec 2010) Brief history of the 4th Battery, Indiana Light Artillery.
- Wikipedia (accessed 28 Dec 2010) Article on the 4th Battery, Indiana Light Artillery.
- Union Army Regimental History Index (accessed 28 Dec 2010) Index Of Regimental Histories: Artillery, Cavalry, Infantry, and other units, states Alabama to Indiana
- National Park Service,  The Civil War Soldiers and Sailors System] (accessed 4 January 2011).