6th Regiment, Connecticut Infantry
From FamilySearch Wiki
Revision as of 20:23, 21 October 2010 by CandyElledge
- Mustered in September 12, 1861.
- Mustered out August 21, 1865.
- Organized at New Haven.
- Regimental History - The old Sixth regiment, its war record, 1861-5 by Charles K Cadwell New Haven: Tuttle, Morehouse & Taylor, printers, 1875 - Online Book
The regiment was composed of men from all over Connecticut.
Letters Home from the Civil War - The Civil War Archive
- Catalogue of Connecticut volunteer organizations, with additional enlistments and casualties to July 1, 1864. Compiled From Records in the Adjutant General's Office and Published by Order of the Legislature, by Horace J. Morse - Adjutant General - Online Book
- Catalogue of Connecticut volunteer organizations : (infantry, cavalry, and artillery,) in the service of the United States, 1861-1865, with additional enlistments, casualties, &c., &c., and brief summaries, showing the operations and service of the several regiments and batteries (1869) by Connecticut. Adjutant-General's Office; Ingersoll, Colin M. (Colin Macrae), 1819-1904 - Online
- Connecticut Civil War Grave Sites - 6th Connecticut Infantry - Interment.net Cemetery Records online
- 6th Connecticut Regiment Graves
- The Stamford Historical Society, Inc. - History and Roster
- Also see Connecticut in the Civil War.