7th Battalion, Virginia Reserves (Confederate)
7th Battalion, Virginia Reserves was organized at Norfolk, Virginia, during the summer of 1861 with eight companies. The unit was transferred to the infantry and merged into the 61st Regiment in October, 1862. Lieutenant Colonel Samuel M. Wilson was in command. 
Companies in this Regiment with the Counties of Origin
Men often enlisted in a company recruited in the counties where they lived though not always. After many battles, companies might be combined because so many men were killed or wounded. However if you are unsure which company your ancestor was in, try the company recruited in his county first.
- Company A with many men from Rockingham County
- Company B with many men from Rockingham County
- Company C with many men from Rockingham County
- Company D with many men from Augusta County
- National Park Service, The Civil War Soldiers and Sailors System, (accessed 6 December 2010).