A Comprehensive List of Chapelries in Deane Parish
Return to the Lancashire Parishes page.
DEANE, a village and a parish (by at least 1636) in Bolton district, Lancashire. The village stands near the Bolton and Leigh railway, 1¾ mile SW of Bolton. The parish contains also the town ships of Kersley, Farmworth, Little Hulton, Middle Hulton, Over Hulton, Rumworth, Westhoughton, Heaton, Halliwell, and Horwich.
Here's a list of the chapelries lying within and standing in the civil parish boundary of Dean Parish:
- Deane St John the Evangelist - see Farnworth with Kearlsey
- Farnworth with Kersley All Saints - 1826
- Farnworth Dixon-Green St Thomas - 1878
- Halliwell St Luke Chapelry - 1871
- Halliwell St Peter - 1840
- Halliwell St Paul - 1848
- Horwich - 1660
- Peel St Paul or Little Hulton - 1760
- Kersley St Stephen - 1870
- Westhoughton Wingates - 1732
- Westhoughton St John the Evangelist - 1859