About FamilySearch Indexing: Swedish Church Records up to 1860
From FamilySearch Wiki
Revision as of 17:12, 9 November 2011 by MorrisGF (Created page with "Back to Sweden► === Characteristics of This Project === *Some old records, difficult to read *One image per batch *Up to 50 records per image *Several different form…")
Back to Sweden►
Characteristics of This Project
- Some old records, difficult to read
- One image per batch
- Up to 50 records per image
- Several different formats
- Up to 19 fields to index for each record
- No highlights
Intermediate This project is recommended for volunteers who are familiar with the indexing process and comfortable using various system features.
Description of the Records
- The Sweden, church records were handwritten and may be difficult to read.
- This project has three main types of records: Births and Baptisms, Banns and Marriages, and Deaths and *Burials.
- It will require careful scrutiny of the records to determine the type because there are many different formats. There are paragraph formats and table formats.
- Columns, when they exist, do not always have headings to define the contents.
- The order of information for the fields to be indexed varies from record to record.