Adams County, Indiana Genealogy
- This article is about an eastern Indiana county. For other uses, see Adams.
|Adams County, Indiana|
Location of Indiana in the U.S.
|Founded||February 7, 1835|
|Address|| Adams County Courthouse|
112 S 2nd Street
Decatur, IN 46733
Adams County Website
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places/Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
County Clerk has marriage, divorce, probate and court records. 
- The Allen County Public Library's Genealogy Center has numerous transcriptions of Adams County cemeteries on its website.
- The Indiana Genealogical Society has many transcriptions of Adams County cemeteries available for free on its website.
- Adams County Cemeteries by Township - usgenweb
- Adams County, Indiana: Cemeteries - Linkpendium
- Index of 1840 Census for Adams County, Indiana (Free, Indiana Genealogical Society)
- Index of 1850 Census for Adams County, Indiana (Free, Indiana Genealogical Society)
- Index to Mortality Schedule for Adams County, Indiana (1860) (members only database, Indiana Genealogical Society)
- Index to Defective, Dependent & Delinquent Census for Adams County, Indiana (1880) (members only database, Indiana Genealogical Society)
For tips on accessing Adams County, Indiana Genealogy census records online, see: Indiana Census.
- Old Courthouse Records - INGenWeb
- History for Adams County Linkpendium
- Tyndall, John W., and O. E. Lesh. 1975. Standard history of Adams and Wells counties, Indiana: an authentic narrative of the past, with an extended survey of modern developments in the progress of town and country. (Evansville, Ind: Unigraphic, Inc.) 977.27 H2t FHL US/CAN Book FHL Collection other library Template:FSbool
- Snow, J. F. 1907. Snow's history of Adams County, Indiana. (Indianapolis, Ind: B.F. Bowen.) FHL US/CAN Film 1000528 Item 5 FHL Collection other libraries INTERNET ARCHIVE
- Maps and Gazetteers Linkpendium
- Indiana State Digital Achives for Civil War can be searched by soldier's name (accessed 1 May 2011)
- List of Pensioners on the Roll January 1, 1883 Adams County, Indiana (Source: Internet Archive)
- Adams Co IN Ancestral Heroes (Military War Heroes) (Source: A:AncestralHeroes.com)
-Civil War service men from Adams County served in various regiments. Men often joined a regiment or a company (within a regiment)that originated in their county. Listed below are the military units that were formed in or had many men from Adams County.
- 6th Regiment, Indiana Cavalry, Company B
- 8th Regiment, Indiana Cavalry, Company C; INGenWeb
- 11th Regiment, Indiana Cavalry, Company C
- 13th Regiment, Indiana Cavalry, Company G
- 30th Regiment, Indiana Infantry, Reorganized Company D
- 47th Regiment, Indiana Infantry, Company C
- 57th Regiment, Indiana Infantry, Company D
- 89th Regiment, Indiana Infantry, Companies H, I, and K
- 139th Regiment, Indiana Infantry (100 days, 1864), Company I
- 147th Regiment, Indiana Infantry, Company F
- 153rd Regiment, Indiana Infantry, Company E
World War I (The Great War), 1914-1918
World War II, 1941-1945
- Adams County, Indiana World War II Casualties, Army and Army Air Corps - AccessGenealogy
- Graduates of Common Schools in Adams County, Indiana (1912) (Free, Indiana Genealogical Society)
- Scool Enumeration of Union Township, Adams County, Indiana (1853) (Members only database, Indiana Genealogical Society)
- Eighth Grade Commencement, 1938
- Scholl Records and Histories Linkpendium
- Indiana State Digital Achives for Death, E-Publication, Instiution, Military, Misc Historical, Naturalization Records can be searched by person name (accessed 26 May 2011)
- Indiana Marriages, 1802-1892 - Ancestry.con $
- Indiana Marriages, 1780-1992 - FamilySearch
- Indiana Marriage, 1811-1959 - FamilySearch
- Indiana, Death Index, 1882-1920 - FamilySearch
- Index to Birth Records Adams County 1882-1920 usgenweb
- Index to Death Record Adams County 1870-200 - INGenWeb
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- Adams County, Indiana Genealogy and Family History (Linkpendium)
- Adama County, Indiana History, Records, Facts and Genealogy - N2genealogy
- Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Adams, Indiana 211 At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).