Adams County, Mississippi Genealogy
From FamilySearch Wiki
Revision as of 05:09, 2 February 2011 by Taneya (ancestry database)
- This article is about a southwestern Mississippi county. For other uses, see Adams.
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places/Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
1799--Adams County was created 2 April 1799 from the Natchez District . County seat: Natchez 
- Adams County, Mississippi, Slave Certificates, 1858-1861($) - a collection of slave certificates from the Adams County Courthouse. Slave information may include name, gender, color, age and weight.
- Civil War service men from Adams County served in various regiments. Men often joined a company (within a regiment) that originated in their county. Listed below are companies that were specifically formed in Adams County.
- - 10th Regiment, Mississippi Infantry (New)
- Company B - Natchez Southrons [also listed as Co. C]
- - 1st Regiment, Mississippi Light Artillery
- Company H - Connor Battery
- - 12th Regiment, Mississippi Infantry
- Company B - Natchez Fencibles
Societies and Libraries
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).