Adams County, Washington Genealogy
|This article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
Please review the contributor help to assist you in editing.
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places / Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
210 W Broadway
Ritzville, WA 99169
- Named for John Adams, the 2nd President of the United States.
- Originally mostly cattle ranching, the big wheat crop shifted the agriculture from cattle to wheat farming in 1897.
- No counties created from Adams County.
Places / Localities
Washington State Digital Archives has a database of Adams County Birth Records. This database contains the names of people who were born in Adams County from 1893-1907, 1910-1915, (several delayed birth returns: 1942). Their names were transcribed from the Adams County Birth Returns. For FHL entries, 1892-1907, click here
Washington State Digital Archives has a database of Adams County Marriage Records.
Washington State Digital Archives has a database of Adams County Death Returns. This database contains names of people who died in Adams County from 1893-1907; 1910, 1913. For FHL entries, 1891-1907, 1929, click here.
Societies and Libraries
- The Adams County WAGenWeb Project, a member of The WAGenWeb Project, an affiliate of The USGenWeb Project.
- The USGenWeb Archives Project for Adams County.
- The USGenWeb Archives Project for Adams County. (Mirror site)
- Family History Library Catalog
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).