Alamosa Colorado Family History Center
|This Family History Center article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
Review the instructions and guidelines for FHC pages.
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
Alamosa Colorado Family History Center serves the San Luis Valley region of south-central Colorado. On a clear day, you can look to the south and look into New Mexico.
Center Contacts and Hours
- location on map
- 300 Richardson Avenue [3rd Richardson] Alamosa CO 81101 United States
- Entrance to the building is on the north side of the chapel.
- Parking is available in the east parking lot and also on the street.
- Front door is usually locked, but there is a bell on your left to ring for the staff to come.
Phone: 1 719-589-5511
- Please call during scheduled hours. There is no answering system attached to this number.
- See hours below when staff will be available to assist you.
FHC Director: Carl Hatch 1 719-852-8800 1 970-396-2446
- Tuesday - 10:00 am to 4:00 pm
- Wednesday - 10:00 am to 4:00 pm 6:00 pm - 8:30 pm
- Thursday- 10:00 am to 1:00 pm 6:00 PM to 8:00 PM
- By appointment also.
- Closed Monday and Friday
- Closed July
- Closed for Thanksgiving
- Closed for Christmas
Classes are held twice a month.
- Family History Library Catalog: This center has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the Family History Library Catalog.
- A Binder on the Old & New Manassa cemeteries
- (List additional collections you have such as the types of books and microfilm you have on indefinite loan; though you will not want to list every single item you have. Just give visitors to this page a general idea of your resources.)
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions. (Note to FHC: Not all FHCs have access to this portal. If you do not, you will want to remove this entire bullet. If you do have access to it, just remove this text in italics.)
Hardware and Equipment
- (Include the resources you have to help individuals do their research - computers, microfilm readers, printers, etc. )
Staff Research Specialties
Resources in the Local Area
(This section is to highlight other resources in your area that will be helpful for individuals doing research there in your location, if there are any, such as government offices, historical societies, etc.)
(Include links to other websites of interest to those who visit your center such as links to the city, county and state wiki pages where your center is located.)
Volunteer at the Center
(Include information here about the volunteers you are looking for.)