Alamosa County, Colorado Genealogy
Guide to Alamosa County Colorado genealogy. Birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, family history, and military records.
|Alamosa County, Colorado|
Location in the state of Colorado
Location of Colorado in the U.S.
|Founded||January 9, 1852|
|Address|| Alamosa County Courthouse|
402 Edison Ave; PO Box 178
Alamosa, CO 81101-2560
Alamosa County Website
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 Quick Facts
- 3 Places / Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Repositories
- 6 References
County Clerk has marriage and land records from 1913:
Clerk District Court has divorce, probate and court records.
- Before 1861 this modern Colorado county was in New Mexico.
- 9 January 1852 it was created part of Taos County in New Mexico Territory. 
- 28 February 1861 it was transferred to Colorado  (1 Nov 1861 Costilla County).
- Look for pre-1861 records in New Mexico. For further explanation see Taos County.
- 8 March 1913: Alamosa County was created from Costilla and Conejos Counties. County seat: Alamosa.
Places / Localities
Early Alamosa County Deaths (from the Alamosa City Cemetery Sexton records).
- Alamosa Cemetery, Alamosa BillionGraves, photos and transcriptions of headstones.
For tips on accessing Alamosa County, Colorado Genealogy census records online, see: Colorado Census.
LDS Ward and Branch Records
Land and Property
Military History and Records
Early Alamosa County marriages extracted from marriage certificate record book 7 1914-1922.
Societies, Libraries and Museums
Alamosa/Southern Peaks Public Library
423 4th St
Alamosa, CO 81101
Phone: (719) 589-6592
Family History Centers
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints Family History CenterAlamosa Colorado
300 Richardson Ave
Alamosa, Alamosa, Colorado, United States
This is not a mailing address. Due to limited staff, Family History Centers are unable to respond to mail inquiries.
Contact Center for open hours as they vary.
- Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), 97, Alamosa County, Colorado. At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- William Thorndale and William Dollarhide, Map Guide to the U.S. Federal Censuses, 1790-1920 (Baltimore: Genealogical Publ., 1987), 52. At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 X2th.
- Brief County Histories (New Mexico) in RootsWeb (accessed 21 June 2012).
- Wikipedia contributors, "Colorado Territory" in Wikipedia: the Free Encyclopeida at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colorado_Territory (accessed 19 June 2012).
- Adrian B. Ettlinger, AniMap 3.0 : with SiteFinder U.S. place name database (Alamo, Calif.: Gold Bug, 2008), Colorado 1861 map. At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL CD-ROM no. 4903.
- Handybook, 98, Costilla County, Colorado.