From FamilySearch Wiki
Revision as of 16:52, 8 June 2012 by Dianekay (adding link)
There is no major statewide collection nor index of cemetery transcriptions for Alaska. Some tombstone inscriptions have been published in periodicals.
- The Sitka National Cemetery has over 500 graves of military personnel and their families who died in Alaska since 1867. A list of the burials is found in:
- Illinois State Genealogical Society Quarterly, Volume 7, number 1 (Spring 1975, pp. 17-19; FHL film 1954962; book 977.3 B2is
- For more information write to
Superintendent, Sitka National Cemetery, P.O. Box 152, Sitka, Alaska 99835.
- Kenai Totem Tracers, Alaska's Kenai Peninsula Death Records and Cemetery Inscriptions (Kenai, Alaska : [Kenai Totem Tracers], c1983) FHL book 979.83 V3k
- Gilbert O. Rockne and Frederick Meder, Remote gravesites in Alaska ; Yes Bay, Togass National Forest : Gilbert O. Rockne, died April 1896? ; Frederick Meder, died 1898 FHL film 1440580 item 17