Albemarle Parish, Virginia
From FamilySearch Wiki
Revision as of 22:36, 17 May 2011 by Murphynw (parent parishes)
- 1738 "from those parts of Lawne's Creek and Southwark parishes that lay southwest of Blackwater River"
- Boddie, John Bennett. Births, Deaths and Sponsors, 1717 - 1778 from the Albemarle Parish Register of Surry and Sussex Counties, Virginia. 1958; Reprint, Baltimore: Clearfield, 1998. FHL Book 975.556 K2b 1998; digital version at World Vital Records ($).
- "Notes from Albemarle Parish Register, Sussex County, Va.," The William and Mary Quarterly, Vol. 14, No. 1 (Jul., 1905), pp. 1-6. FHL Book 973 H25w; digital version at JSTOR ($).
- Richards, Gertrude R.B. Register of Albemarle Parish, Surry and Sussex Counties, 1739-1778. Richmond, Va.: The National Society of Colonial Dames of America in the Commonwealth of Virginia, 1958. FHL Book 975.556 K2rg
- Freddie Spradlin, "Parishes of Virginia," VAGenWeb, accessed 29 January 2011; Hening's Statutes at Large; Emily J. Salmon and Edward D.C. Campbell Jr., The Hornbook of Virginia History (Richmond: Library of Virginia, 1994).
- Eve S. Gregory, "Notes on Surry County, Virginia, History," RootsWeb.