Albert Park Wesleyan, Barlow Moor Road, Didsbury, Lancashire Genealogy
The Wesleyan Methodist church was formed in the 18th century from religous societies founded by John Wesley and his preachers. It suffered many secessions, but was the largest Nonconformist denomination in the 19th century. In 1932 the Wesleyan Methodists joined with the Primitive Methodists and the United Methodists to form the Methodist Church of Great Britain.
The Barlow Moor Road chapel was founded in 1883 and closed in the 1960's.
The modern chapel is
Didsbury Methodist Church, Sandhurst Road, Didsbury M20 5LR Tel: 0161 445 9950
Online events may be found Free BMD
Online index of Lancashire Births, Marriages and Deaths
Didsbury- Albert Park Wesleyan, Barlow Moor Road
Baptisms-1883-1965- MFPR 2122
Marriages-1887-1965- MFPR 2122
The Manchester Room and Greater Manchester County Record Office
The Manchester Room@City Library (Local Studies)
Church records for Albert Park Barlow Moor Road Wesleyan Methodist Chapel, Didsbury, 1883-1965 Microfilm copy of original registers filmed at the Manchester Archives Central Library in Manchester, England.
Didsbury is a township-chapelry and a sub-district, in Chorlton district. The Methodist chapel is within the Manchester Circuit.
| Baptisms, 1883-1965. Marriages, 1887-1965.
|| VAULT BRITISH Film |
2357172 Items 14 - 19
The chapel is within the Didsbury St James, Lancashire Ecclesiastical parish.