- 1 Town Hall
- 2 Quick History
- 3 Resources
- 4 Societies, Libraries and Museums
- 5 Websites
- 6 References
Town Of Alford
5 Alford Center Road
Alford, MA 01230
Establishment and former town name(s) 
16 February 1713: Established as the district of Alford from part of Great Barrington and certain common lands. (Province Laws, Vol. V, p. 236)
23 August 1775: Made a town, by general act under which districts became towns.
Archiac name: Podunke, Podunkville, Shawanon Purchase
Section/Villages within the town: Alford Center, East Alford, West Alford
Boundary Changes 
11 February 1779: Part of Great Barrington annexed.
6 February 1790: Bounds between Alford and Egremont
18 February 1819: Part of Great Barrington
17 March 1847: Part of West Stockbridge annexed.
Church History and Records
Military History and Records
Civil War, 1861-1865
- Vital Records of Alford Massachusetts to the Year 1850 Google Books
Societies, Libraries and Museums
- Historical data relating to counties, cities, and towns in Massachusetts (Boston, Massachusetts : New England Historic Genealogical Society, 1997), [FHL book 974.4 H2h 1997].