All Saints Parish, South Carolina
All Saints Parish has served Georgetown County, South Carolina. The parish is also known as All Saints Waccamaw.
South Carolina's "Anglican parishes were used as election districts and had responsibility for road development, care of the poor, and education."
- Borders Prince George and Prince Frederick parishes and North Carolina border. For a map, see: Early parishes in South Carolina. An overlay of districts is available at Carolana.com.
- South Carolina Archives Summary Guide: All Saints Parish, available online, courtesy: South Carolina Department of Archives and History.
500 of the graves at All Saints Parish Cemetery are described at Find A Grave. Includes transcripts and select photographs.
Hundreds of graves are also described at SCGenWeb.
For an early history of the parish, see Chapter 11, All-Saints, Waccamaw, page 322, in:
- Dalcho, Frederick. An Historical Account of the Protestant Episcopal Church in South Carolina from the First Settlement of the Province, to the War of the Revolution; with Notices of the Present State of the Church in Each Parish and Some Account of the Early Civil History of Carolina, Never Before Published. Charleston: E. Thayer, 1820. FHL Film 22657; digital versions at Google Books; Internet Archive.
For some aspects of social life in All Saints Parish after the Civil War, see:
- Harwell, Richard B. "The Hot and Hot Fish Club of All Saints Parish," The South Carolina Historical and Genealogical Magazine, Vol. 48, No. 1 (Jan. 1947):40-47. Digital version at JSTOR ($).
Parish registers have been abstracted in:
- Bull, Henry DeSaussure. All Saints' Church, Waccamaw : The Parish, the Place, the People, 1739-1949. Columbia, S.C.: R.L. Bryan, 1949. FHL Collection 975.789/P1 K2b
For an updated and corrected version, see:
- Bull, Henry DeSaussure, Gertrude Cornish Bull, et al. All Saints Church, Waccamaw, 1739-1968: With Updates which Have Been Added Additional Text, Parish Register Updates, Appendixes, and Index, 1948/1968-1992. Spartanburg, S.C.: Reprint Company Publishers, 1994. FHL Collection 975.789/P1 K2b 1994
-  1825 Georgetown District Tax List, available online, courtesy: Georgetown South Carolina Genealogy website. (All Saints Parish)
- All Saints Parish (1767) / All Saints, Waccamaw Marker, The Historical Marker Database
- All Saints Summer Parsonage / The Rectory, The Historical Marker Database
- "The Formation of Counties in South Carolina," at the South Carolina Department of Archives and History website, accessed 21 January 2011.