Allen County, Kansas Genealogy
- This article is about a southeast Kansas county. For other uses, see Allen.
Allen County, Kansas genealogy and family history research page. Guide to genealogy, history, and courthouse sources including birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, wills, deeds and land records, Civil War records, family histories, cemeteries, churches, tax records, newspapers, and obituaries.
|Allen County, Kansas|
Location in the state of Kansas
Location of Kansas in the U.S.
|Founded||August 30, 1855|
|Address|| Allen County Courthouse|
1 N. Washington
Iola, Kansas 66749-2841
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places/Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
Allen County Courthouse
1 N Washington Street
Iola, KS 66749-2841
Clerk District Court has marriage records from 1856,
divorce, probate and court records 1860
and naturaltization records 1871-1929.
Register of Deeds has land and military records from 1860. 
1855--Allen County was created 30 August 1855 as an original county. County seat: Iola 
- Wallace, Duncan L. . History of Allen and Woodson counties, Kansas : embellished with portraits of well known people of these counties, with biographies of our representative citizens, cuts of public buildings and a map of each county. Iola, Kan.: Iola Register,1901. Digital version at: Internet Archive
Men from Allen County enlisted in:
The Iola Battalion in 1861
Three companies, commanded by Captains Coleman, Flesher and Killen
Two companies, commanded by Captain N. B. Blanton
Commanded by General J. H. Lane
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county. Family History Library Catalog
- Allen County, Kansas Genealogy and Family History (Linkpendium)
- Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Allen County, Kansas 248 At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).