Allen County, Kentucky Genealogy
- This article is about a south Kentucky county. For other uses, see Allen.
|Allen County, Kentucky|
Location in the state of Kentucky
Location of Kentucky in the U.S.
|Founded||January 11, 1815|
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places / Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
1902--A disaster destroyed many records.
Places / Localities
|Allen Springs||Forest Springs||Mount Zion||Scottsville|
|Cedar Springs||Holland||Pope||West Fork|
|Chapel Hill||Maynard||Port Oliver Ford||Yesse|
|Clare||McElroy Ford||Raley Ford|
|Eubanks Ford||Meador||Red Hill|
The following have information concerning African American research. Both should be used:
- African American Research (US) has more information about the kinds of records
- Kentucky Minorities has information specific to Kentucky African Americans.
Biographies, Family Histories, GEDCOM files
Kentucky cemetery records often identify birth, death, relationship, and military information, as well as religious affiliation. Local volunteers through Random Acts of Genealogical Kindness may take photographs of headstones found in county cemeteries.
- Kentucky Historical Society Cemetery Search can be searched by name, place and/or date. This database has hundreds of thousands of names transcribed from gravestones across Kentucky.
- Find A Grave can be searched by the name of a person or family to find where a person is buried. Usually gives birth and death dates often with a picture of the tombstone. May give obituaries, names of family members and links to their information in Find A Grave.
- Find A Grave also gives a list of cemeteries in Allen County and links to the information for the individuals buried there,
- Kentucky Cemeteries lists the national cemeteries in Kentucky with links to their web sites. The first link under Online Kentucky Cemeteries goes to the Kentucky section of Interment.net
- Allen Co. KY USGenWeb Tombstone Project usually gives the names of the deceased in alphabetical order by last name with birth and death dates plus any remarks.
- The Family History Library Catalog lists some records of cemeteries in Allen County. Some of the books or others may be on Google Books or available at public libraries.
- ePodunk list of Allen County cemeteries gives the names of the cemeteries in the county with a link to more information such as address, phone number, and web site.
- Access Genealogy-Allen County, Kentucky Cemetery Records
- C. L. Weaver Cemetery, Halifax, Allen Co., KY
- Interment.net-Allen County Kentucky
Societies and Libraries
- Allen County Kentucky Web Site (Contact information for county officials)
- KYGenWeb-Allen County Site. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- Allen County, Kentucky Genealogy and Family History (Linkpendium)
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).