Amcotts, Lincolnshire Genealogy
AMCOTTS, a chapelry, in the parish of Althorp, union of Thorne, W. division of the wapentake of Manley, parts of Lindsey, county of Lincoln, 11¾ miles (E. S. E.) from Glandford-Brigg. There is a place of worship for Wesleyans. Amcotts St Mark was formed as an Ecclsiastical parish in 1850 from a chapelry in Althorpe with Keadby, Lincolnshire Ancient Parish.
This parish was part of the Thorne registration district from 1837-1947 when it became part of the Don Valley registration district. registration district
Registers are now held at North Lincolnshire
The Register Office
92 Oswald Road
01724 843915. email@example.com
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
The digitisation of parish records for the county now offers images via the Lincs to the past website (July 2011). Use advanced search terms at Search Lincs to the past to search for available images for parish registers and other records for this parish with images. Advance search terms Amcotts Par 1 will identify available images.
Link to the Family History Library Catalogue showing the film numbers in their collection Amcotts
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. The first film number is 438760.
Poor Law Unions
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Lincolnshire Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
| This section requires expansion with:
any additional relevant sites that aren't mentioned above.
- Lewis, Samuel A., A Topographical Dictionary of England (1848), pp. 53-58.