Amite County, Mississippi Genealogy
From FamilySearch Wiki
Revision as of 17:35, 26 November 2012 by Ltlbites
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places/Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
243 W Main St;
Liberty, MS 39645-0000
Clerk Chancery Court has court, land and
probate records from 1809.
Clerk Circuit Court has marriage records. 
- East Feliciana Parish, Louisiana
- St. Helena Parish, Louisiana
- Tangipahoa Parish, Louisiana
LDS Cemetery Records
US Vol. 5 page 215 - Bethel baptist Cemetery
For tips on accessing Amite County, Mississippi Genealogy census records online, see: Mississippi Census.
LDS Ward and Branch Records
- Civil War service men from Amite County served in various regiments. Men often joined a company (within a regiment) that originated in their county. Listed below are companies that were specifically formed in Amite County.
- - 4th Regiment, Mississippi Cavalry
- Company I - Stockdale Rangers
- - 7th Regiment, Mississippi Infantry
- Company C - Amite Rifles
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Amite County, Mississippi page 378, At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).