An overview of the FamilySearch Catalog
From FamilySearch Wiki
Revision as of 19:22, 13 May 2011 by Lembley
online at FamilySearch showing descriptions and call numbers for the records in the collection of the Family History Library in Salt Lake City, Utah. Call numbers include films, fiche and books. There are eight ways to search for the information within the catalog. These searches are listed below.
- Place Search - Look for a record by the name of a place where an ancestor lived.
- Surname Search - Find family histories (and more) by a particular family name.
- Keyword Search - Get a record using any words or phrases in significant parts of its catalog entry.
- Title Search - Retrieve a record by its title.
- Film/Fiche Search - Uncover a record by the Library's microfilm or microfiche number.
- Author Search - Identify a record by the name its author (individual or corporate).
- Subject Search - Discover records by their topic.
- Call Number Search - Learn about an item by the Library's exact book, compact disk, or pedigree call number.