Anchorage Municipality, Alaska Genealogy
- 1 Muncipality
- 2 Quick Facts
- 3 Parent Borough
- 4 Boundary Changes
- 5 Places/Localities
- 6 Resources
- 6.1 Archives and Libraries
- 6.2 Biography
- 6.3 Cemeteries
- 6.4 Church History and Records
- 6.5 Court Records
- 6.6 Directories
- 6.7 Emigration and Immigration
- 6.8 Gazetteers
- 6.9 Genealogy
- 6.10 Heraldry
- 6.11 History
- 6.12 Land and Property
- 6.13 Maps
- 6.14 Military History and Records
- 6.15 Newspapers
- 6.16 Probate Records
- 6.17 Taxation
- 6.18 Vital Records
- 7 Societies, Libraries and Museums
- 8 Websites
- 9 References
The Municipality of Anchorage is a consolidated city-borough with unified home rule. It is the northernmost city in the United States with more than 100,000 residents and the largest community in North America north of the 60th parallel.
1 January 1964: Greater Anchorage Area Borough was created.
15 September 1975: Merged with the City of Anchorage along with cities of Girdwood and Glen Alps to form Muncipality of Anchorage as the result of an election.
Neighboring Boroughs and Census Areas
Archives and Libraries
Church History and Records
Alaska Online Historical Directories - identifies historical city, county, business and other directories available online on both free and pay-to-access websites. Includes Anchorage directories.
Emigration and Immigration
Land and Property
Military History and Records
- Alaska Online Historical Newspapers - identifies historical archived and digitized newspapers available online on both free and pay-to-access websites. Includes Anchorage newspapers.
- Anchorage Daily News - full-text issues in Google News Archive; covers 1891-1989
Societies, Libraries and Museums
Family Histroy Centers
- Anchorage Borough Trails to the Past
- USGenWeb Archives
- Anchorage Borough, Alaska GenWeb Project.
- FamilySearch Family History Library Catalog