Antigua and Barbuda Compiled Genealogies
From FamilySearch Wiki
Revision as of 18:23, 10 December 2010 by Murphynw
Pedigrees and genealogical information for many prominent Antigua families were published in:
- Oliver, Vere Langford. The History of the Island of Antigua: One of the Leeward Caribbees in the West Indies, from the First Settlement in 1635 to the Present Time. 3 vols. London: Mitchell and Hughes, 1894-1899. FHL Collection; digital versions at Internet Archive:
- Volume One includes genealogies of †Abbot, Abbott, Alexander, Alexander (see Dasent), †Allen, †Anderson, †Archibald, Ash, †Athill, Athy, Auchinleck, Ayres, †Baijer, †Bannister, Barnes, †Barter, Barton, †Bendall, †Bethell, †Blackman, Bladen, †Blake, †Blizard, Bodkin, Bolan, †Bonnin, Boone, †Boraston, †Bott, Bradshaw, †Brown, †Buckley, †Burke, †Burt, Burton, †Butler, †Byam, †Cade, Carden, Carlile, †Carpenter, †Carter, †Cary, †Chester, Christian, †Clarke, †Clogstown, †Cochran, †Codrington, †Collins, †Colquhoun, Cosby (see Eliot), †Coull, Crabb, †Crawford, Crump, Cusack, †Daniel, †Dasent, Davis, Delap, Denbow, †Dewar, De Witt, Doig, Donovan, †Douglas, †Dow, Drax (see Codrington), †Duer, †Dunbar, †Duncombe, Dunn, †Dunning, †Edwards, †Ellyatt, Eliot, †Elmes, †Entwisle, Erwin (see Dasent), Evanson, †Farley, Fergusson, Ferris, †Field, †Fleming, †Foote, †Franklin, †Fraser, †Freeman, †French, and †Frye families.
- Volume Two includes genealogies of †Anderdon (see Manning), Blackwell (see Jarvis), Gale, †Gallwey, †Gamble, †Garrett, Gaynor, Gilbert, †Gilchrist, Gillyat, Glanvile, †Gloster, Glover, Goble, †Gordon, †Grant, Gravenor, Gray, Grear, Greenway, †Gunthorpe, Haddon, †Halliday, Halloran, †Hamilton, †Hanson, †Harman, †Hart, Harvey, †Hawes, †Herbert, †Hill, Hillhouse, †Hodge, Hodges, †Horne, †Horsford, Hughes, †Humphreys, Hurst, Huyghue, †Hyndman, †Iles, †Jarvis, †Jeaffreson, †Johnson, Jones, Keeling, Kelsick, †Ker, †Kerby, Keynell, †King, †Kirwan, †Knight, Knightley, †Laferty, †Laforey, Langelier, †Langford, Laroche, Lavicount, †Lavington, Ledeatt, Ledwell, †Lee, †Leonard, Le Roux, †Lessly, Libaert, †Lightfoot, Lindsey, Lingham, Lisle, †Livingston, Looby, †Lovell, †Lucas, †Lucie, †Lynch, †Lyons, †McCarthy, †Mackinen, †McNish, †Manning, Manwaring, Marchant, †Martin, †Mathew, Mathews, Maxwell, †Mayer, Middleton, Millar, Monke, Monteigue, Montero, Morgan, †Morris, †Morson, Muir, †Murray, Musgrave, †Nanton, Newfiele, †Nibbs, Nicholas, †Nihell, †Nisbitt, †Nugent, Oesterman, †Oliver, Osborn, and †Ottley families.
- Volume Three includes genealogies of Pare, †Parke, Parker, Parry, Patterson, †Payne, Paynter, Pearne, †Perry, †Pigott, †Pollington, †Powell, †Poyntz, Prynn, Pyle, Redhead, †Redwood, †Richardson, †Roach, †Rodney, Ronan, Rose, Rossington, Royall, †Russell, Salmond, Sampson, †Saunders, Sawcolt, Scholes, †Scotland, Sedgwick, †Shand, †Shephard, Sheriff, Shervington, Shirley, Skerrett, †Smith, Sones, †Stapleton, †Swete, †Symes, †Tankard, Tempest, Tharter, †Thibou, †Thomas, †Tobin, Tomlinson, †Trant, †Traveis, Tremills, †Tudway, †Tullideph, Turner, Turney, Tyley, Vaughan, Vernon, Walrond, †Warner, Watkins, Watson, Weatherill, †Webb, Weir, Weston, Wethered, †White, Whitehead, Wickham, †Williams, Willock, †Willoughby, Winthrop, †Wise, †Woodley, †Wyke, †Yeamans, Yorke, and Young families.
†Additional information on these families appears in the Appendix to Volume Three, which begins on page 410.
- [Franklyn] Franklyn, Charles Aubrey Hamilton. A Short Genealogical & Heraldic History of the Families of Frankelyn of Kent and Franklyn of Antigua and Jamaica, B.W.I.: Together with Sections of the Families Bolton of Sandford and Gray of Billericay. London: Edward O. Beck LTD, 1932. FHL Collection 929.242 F851f
- [Franklyn] Franklyn, Charles Aubrey Hamilton. The Genealogy of Anne the Quene (Anne Bullen) & Other English Families Including Broughton of Impens, N.Petherton, Bridgwater, co. Somerset; Pontifex of West Wycombe, co. Buckingham; Waddington of Mexborough, co. York; Walwyn of Kilmersdon and Frome., co. Somerset, and of Bognor Regis, co. Sussex: Together with a Supplement to a Short Genealogical and Heraldic History of Four Families (London, Edward O. Beck, Ltd., July 1932) ... Brighton, Sussex: C.A.H. Franklyn, 1977. FHL Collection 929.242 B873f
- [Rose] D.G.H.J. [sic] Notes on Rose, Greene Genealogy. MSS. Microfilmed 1998. FHL Collection 2055401 Item 11