Antrim County, Michigan Genealogy
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places/Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
Antrim County Courthouse
208 E Cayugoa St.
P. O. Box 520
Bellaire, MI 49615
Phone: (213) 533-6353
County Clerk has birth, marriage, death, divorce
and court records from 1867 and military discharge records.
Probate Judge has project records from 1863.
Register of Deeds has land records. 
1840--Antrim County was created 1 April 1840 from Mackinac County. It was formerly Messgisee County, until name was changed to Antrim County 8 March 1843. It was attached to Mackinac and Grand Traverse Counties prior to ogranization 11 March 1863. County seat: Bellaire 
- City: none
- Villages: Bellaire . Central Lake . Elk Rapids . Ellsworth . Mancelona
- Townships: Banks . Central Lake . Chestonia . Custer . Echo . Elk Rapids . Forest Home . Helena . Jordan . Kearney . Mancelona . Milton . Star . Torch Lake . Warner
- Communities: Alba . Alden . Antrim. Atwood . Clam River . Eastport . Kewadin . Torch Lake
Civil War service men from Antrim County served in various regiments. Men often joined a regiment or a company (within a regiment) that originated in their county. Listed below are the military units that were formed in or had many men from Antrim County.
- Bellaire Area Review - full-text of close to 100 issues spanning 2006-2009 freely available in Google News Archive
- Antrim Review- full-text of about 30 issues spanning 2006-2009 freely available in Google News Archive
- Michigan Birth Registrations, 1867-1902 -- Free name indexes and images at FamilySearch. Records include such information as name of child, birthdate and place, if still-born, illegitimate or twin, gender, race and record number.
- Michigan Marriage Registrations, 1868-1925 -- Free name indexes at . Records include such information as names of bride and groom, date of license, ages, race, residences, birthplaces, occupations and names of the fathers of the bride and groom.
- Michigan Death Registrations, 1867-1897 -- Free name indexes and images at FamilySearch. Records include such information as name of deceased, date and place of death, gender, color, marital status, age in years, months and days, disease or apparent cause of death, birthplace, names and occupations of parents, and the date the record was made.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- Family History Library Catalog
- The Antrim County MIGenWeb Project, an member of The MIGenWeb Project, an affiliate of The USGenWeb Project.
- Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Antrim County, Michigan page 343, At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).