Arapahoe County, Colorado Genealogy
|This article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
Please review the contributor help to assist you in editing.
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places / Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
1855--Arapahoe County was created as an original county in Kansas Territory.
1861--Arapahoe County was created 1 November 1861 as an original county in Colorado Territory.
County seat: Littleton 
Places / Localities
LDS Ward and Branch Records
Arapahoe County Old Age Pension Records 1933-1936. An Index compiled from the offical record of the applications granted by the Arapahoe County Commissioners during these years. Record may show the following:
- Name of Applicant
- Date and Amount of pension payment
- Any adjustments to the pension
- Person's age
- Town nearest to where they lived
- Other Actions done by the County
Colorado State Archives has put an Index to the Arapahoe County Poor Hospital Records for 1895-1899 on-line.
Colorado State Archives has put an Index to the Arapahoe County Voter Registrations for 1893-1905 on-line.
Societies and Libraries
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).