A vast alphabetical collection of biographical information concerning the early settlers of Arizona is:
- Hayden, Carl. Carl Hayden Biographical Files, ca. 1825-1927. Tempe, Arizona: Arizona State University, 19–?. (on 15 Family History Library films starting with 1000464.) This is at the Hayden Library of Arizona State University at Tempe and at the Family History Library. Internet search of the database can be found here. If you find a biography or reference of interest, you can e-mail or call the librarians and they will be happy to send a copy of the record you are seeking if they possibly can. Phone is 480-965-3283. E-mail is email@example.com.
Specific biographical resources may be found by searching on WorldCat.org by author, title or subject. Some representative biographical encyclopedias for Arizona are:
- Portrait and Biographical Record of Arizona. Chicago, Illinois: Chapman Publishing Company, 1901. (Family History Library film 934828.) Has a separately published index (Family History Library film 1321068 item 11.)
- Conners, Jo. Who's Who in Arizona. Tucson, Arizona: S.n., 1913. (Family History Library book 979.1 D3c; film 934828 item 2.)
- A biographical index to several statewide and regional histories of Arizona is Marvin E. Wiggins, Mormons and Their Neighbors: An Index of Over 75,000 Biographical Sketches from 1820 to the Present. Two Volumes. Provo, Utah: Brigham Young University, 1984. (Family History Library book 978 D32w.)
- Eldridge, Marilyn Busch, and Karen Clemens Paulsen. Pioneer Women of Arizona: Autobiographical and Biographical Sketches Collected by the Arizona Society Daughters of the American Revolution from 1922 to 1923 (with Additional Historical and Genealogical Information). Phoenix, Ariz: Maricopa Chapter, National Society, Daughters of the American Revolution, 2007.
- Clayton, Roberta Flake. Pioneer Women of Arizona. S.l: s.n, 1969.
- Daughters of the Gila County Pioneers. A Cultural History of the Pioneer Women of Gila County, Arizona and Their Descendants. Payson, Ariz: Git A Rope! Pub, 2002.