Arkansas Probate Records
|Arkansas Wiki Topics|
|Local Research Resources|
- 1783 – 1998 Arkansas Wills and Probate Records 1783-1998 at Ancestry.com — index and images $
- 1817 – 1979 Arkansas Probate Records 1817-1979 at FamilySearch — images; Click on the county of interest to browse images of original records. Includes wills, administrations, guardianship, and more.
- Arkansas, Wills and Probate Records, 1818-1998, ($), index and images, incomplete.
- Arkansas Probate Records, 1817-1879 images only.
HistoryProbate records of Arkansas have been kept by the probate or county courts. The records include case papers settlements.
You can obtain copies of the original records by contacting the clerk's office in the appropriate county courthouse.
A statewide index to Arkansas wills is available:
- Stevenson, Mrs. James H. and Mrs. Edward L. Westbrooke. Index to Wills and Administrations of Arkansas from the Earliest to 1900. Jonesboro, Ark.: Vowels Printing Company, 1986. FHL Book 976.7 P22st, Fiche 6050936.
The Family History Library has microfilm copies of many Arkansas probate records.
- Arkansas Probate Records (information only) by Genealogy Inc.