Arley, Staffordshire Genealogy
Guide to Arley, Staffordshire family history and genealogy: parish registers, census records, birth records, marriage records, and death records.
ARELEY, UPPER (St. Peter), a parish, in the union of Kidderminster, S. division of the hundred of Seisdon and of the county of Stafford, 4 miles(N. by W.) from Bewdley. 
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
Arley parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|IARC = Internet Archive - free|
|NBI = National Burial Index (FindMyPast) - (£)|
|ARLEY PARISH (1563) Online Records|
Include here information for parish registers, Bishop’s Transcripts and other types of church records, such as parish chest records. Add the contact information for the office holding the original records. Add links to the Family History Library Catalog showing the film numbers in their collection
- 1532/3 - A List of Families in Arley, Staffordshire Genealogy 1532/3 FHL British Book 942.46 B4sc ser. 4 v. 8
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library.
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Staffordshire Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
- Lewis, Samuel A., A Topographical Dictionary of England, (1848). Date accessed and adapted: 22 October 2013.
- The Registers of Over Areley, Formerly in the County of Stafford, Diocese of Lichfield, and Deanery of Trysul, Now in the County and Diocese of Worcester, and Deanery of Kidderminster, 1564-1812 (Worcester: Worcestershire Parish Register Society, 1916). Digitised by Internet Archive - free.
- 'Parish Records - National Burial Index Records 1538 - 2005 Coverage', Find My Past, accessed 8 September 2013.
- Ann J. Kettle, A List of Families in the Archdeaconry of Stafford, 1532-3 (Stafford: Staffordshire Record Society, 1976). FHL British Book 942.46 B4sc ser. 4 v. 8