Armstrong County, Texas Genealogy
- This article is about a north Texas county. For other uses, see Armstrong.
Armstrong County; PO Box 309; Claude, TX 79019; Ph. 806.226.2081 Details: (Co Clk has b & d rec from 1903, m & pro rec from 1890, ct rec from 1898 & land rec from 1883; Clk Cir Ct has div rec)
- 1 History
- 2 Places/Localities
- 3 Resources
- 4 Societies and Libraries
- 5 Web Sites
- 6 References
1876--Armstrong County was created 21 August 1876 from Bexar Land District and organized in 1890. County seat: Claude 
Tradition states the county was named for an early pioneer family.
Claude | Goodnight | Washburn | Wayside
- A Collection of Memories: A History of Armstrong County, 1876-1965, by the Armstront County Historical Society, an historical overview of Armstrong County, Texas discussing the ranches, families, and individuals important to the area. Read the book online from The Portal To Texas History.
- A Supplement To A Collection of Memories: A History of Armstrong County, 1876-1965, additional biographical and genealogical information. Read it online from The Portal to Texas History.
Texas Counties Map. Click on the county to go to the TXGenWeb site.
- Death Index 1964 to 1998 [no images] Name index to Texas Statewide Death Certificates or four million people who have died since 1964.
- Texas Death Records 1890 – 1976 [with images]
Name index and images of statewide death certificates, 1890-1976. The name index has been created by FamilySearch and is tied to images of the Texas death certificates. Few certificates are available prior to 1903.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- TXGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).