Arnold, Nottinghamshire Genealogy
Arnold St Mary is an Ancient parish which includes Daybrook within the parish boundary.See Daybrook, Nottinghamshire
Southwell and Nottingham Church History Project have researched the history of the church Arnold St Mary
The church was restored in 1868,1877and 1923 but dates from in part from the 12th century and has been designated a grade II* listed building by English Heritage British listed building
See also Arnold St Mary Wikipedia
ARNOLD (St. Mary), a parish, in the union of Basford, N. division of the wapentake of Broxtowand of the county of Nottingham, 4 miles (N. by E.) from Nottingham; containing, with part of the hamlet of Daybrook, 4509 inhabitants. There are places of worship for Wesleyans, Wesleyans of the New Connexion, Baptists, and Independents; and a Chartist meeting-house. 
Birth, marriages and deaths were kept by the government, from July 1837 to the present day. The civil registration article tells more about these records. There are several Internet sites with name lists or indexes. A popular site is FreeBMD.
This area was from 1837 part of the Basford registration district
Arnold St Mary
Deposited records at Nottinghamshire Archives Baptisms 1544-1954 Marriages 1546-1952 Burials 1544-1953 Bishop’s Transcripts 1605-1839
Nottinghamshire County Council
NG2 7QP telephone: 08449 808080 online
Link to the Family History Library Catalogue showing the film numbers in their collection Arnold
Poor Law Unions
Records of wills, administrations, inventories, indexes, etc. were filed by the court with jurisdiction over this parish. Go to Nottinghamshire Probate Records to find the name of the court having primary jurisdiction. Scroll down in the article to the section Court Jurisdictions by Parish.
Maps and Gazetteers
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
| This section requires expansion with:
any relevant sites that aren’t mentioned above..
- Lewis, Samuel A., A Topographical Dictionary of England (1848), pp. 73-77. URL: http://www.british-history.ac.uk/report.aspx?compid=50760