Aroostook County, Maine Genealogy
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places / Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
Aroostook County County
144 Swenden Street
Caribou, ME 04736
County Clerk has divorce and court records from 1839.
Town Clerks have birth, marriage, death and burial records.
Probate Court has probate records.
Register of Deeds has land records. 
Places / Localities[[Image:
]] Cities and Towns
- Caribou (City)
- Presque Isle (City)
- Castle Hill
- Dyer Brook
- Eagle Lake
- Fort Fairfield
- Fort Kent
- Grand Isle
- Island Falls
- Mars Hill
- New Canada
- New Limerick
- New Sweden
- Portage Lake
- Saint Agatha
- Saint Francis
- Van Buren
Plantations: Cary | Cyr | Garfield | Glennwood | Macwahoc | Moro | Nashville | Oxbow | Reed | St. John | Winterville
Unorganized territories In each territory: listed eastside first going south, then working to the west. (WELS = West of the Easterly Line of the State). For further details see Maine townships.
Village • Crouseville
Fairmont Cemetery : Located south of Presque Isle, Aroostook County, Maine. Full name searches
Maine Newspaper Archive. Indexes Free; Digital Page Images $ (GenealogyBank $) Twenty-two early Maine 18th and 19th century newspapers, 1785-1898 online. Indexes (free); digital images ($). These newspapers are from Augusta, Bangor, Belfast, Brunswick, Castine, Eastport, Falmouth, Hallowell, Kennebunk, Portland, Saco and Wiscasset.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- The Aroostook County MEGenWeb Project, an member of The MEGenWeb Project, an affiliate of The USGenWeb Project.
- The USGenWeb Archives Project for Aroostook County
- The USGenWeb Archives Project for Aroostook County (backup site)
- FamilySearch.org Family History Library catalog for Aroostook County
- Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Aroostook County, Maine page 304, At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002. Cite error: Invalid
<ref>tag; name "HBG" defined multiple times with different content Cite error: Invalid
<ref>tag; name "HBG" defined multiple times with different content