Difference between revisions of "Ashburn Virginia Family History Center"
|Line 1:||Line 1:|
in the the and in .
Center Contacts and Hours
'''Location & Map:'''
'''Location & Map:'''
Revision as of 00:56, 8 December 2011
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
Our Center is located in the Ashburn Virginia Stake Center at the corner of Claiborne Parkway and Ashburn Farm Parkway. The staff are all volunteers and welcome everyone who is interested in learning about their ancestors.
Center Contacts and Hours:
Location & Map:
21015 Claiborne Parkway, Ashburn, Va
Entrance is on the side facing Ashburn Farm Parkway.
- Monday closed
- Tuesday 9:30 am - 12 noon; 7 pm - 9:30 pm
- Wednesday 7 pm - 9:30 pm
- Thursday 9:30 am - 12 noon
- Friday 9:30 am - 12 noon
- Saturday 2nd & 4th 9:30 am - 12 noon
Closed all major holidays and last 2 weeks of December.
In case of inclement weather we follow Loudoun County School guidelines.
Calendar and Events
Staff Training Meetings
- Family History Library Catalog: This center has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the Family History Library Catalog.
- (List additional collections you have such as the types of books and microfilm you have on indefinite loan; though you will not want to list every single item you have. Just give visitors to this page a general idea of your resources.)
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal: This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
- 6 computer workstations with internet and printer access
- 4 microfilm readers
- 2 microfiche readers
- 1 flatbed scanner
- 1 microfiche/film scanner able to save to CD or flashdrive
Staff Research Specialties
Resources in the Local Area
Thomas Balch Library 208 West Market Street, Leesburg, VA 20176, 703-737-7195
(Include links to other websites of interest to those who visit your center such as links to the city, county and state wiki pages where your center is located.)
Volunteer at the Center
(Include information here about the volunteers you are looking for.)