Ashburn Virginia Family History Center
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
- 1 Center Contacts and Hours
- 2 Calendar and Events
- 3 Center Resources
- 4 Center Services
- 5 Resources in the Local Area
- 6 Links
- 7 Volunteer at the Center
Center Contacts and Hours
- 21015 Claiborne Pkwy Ashburn VA 20147 United States
- Tuesday: 9:30am-12:00pm and 7:00pm-9:30pm
- Wednesday: 7:00pm-9:30pm
- Thursday: 9:30am-12:00pm
- Friday: 9:30am-12:00pm
- 2nd and 4th Saturday: 9:30am-12:00pm
Holiday Schedule 2016:
Spring Break March 20-26: Independence Day July 1-4: Thanksgiving Weekend November 22-26: Christmas - New Years Day Break December 18 -31 In case of inclement weather follow Loudoun County School guidelines.
Calendar and Events
Family History Discovery Day - April 30, 2016, 8:30 am to 4:30 pm.
Staff Training Meetings: Held quarterly at discretion of Director
- FamilySearch Catalog: This center has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the FamilySearch Catalog but it is recommended that films and fiche be ordered online through the computer at home.
- Books: We have a small collection of genealogy reference books including The Source, Redbook, Handybook for Genealogists, Map Guide to the US Federal Censuses 1790-1920, language dictionaries, and atlases.
- Extended Film: We have several hundred assorted films for all states and many countries.
- FHC Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
- 9 computer workstations with internet and printer access
- 4 microfilm readers
- 2 microfiche readers
- 1 flatbed scanner
- 1 digital microfiche/film reader
Staff Research Specialties
Resources in the Local Area
Thomas Balch Library 208 West Market Street, Leesburg, VA 20176, 703-737-7195
(Include links to other websites of interest to those who visit your center such as links to the city, county and state wiki pages where your center is located.) <fck:hr>
Volunteer at the Center
(Include information here about the volunteers you are looking for.)