Asotin County, Washington Genealogy
Add Infobox to County Pages
|Asotin County, Washington|
| Map of Washington highlighting Asotin County|
Location in the state of Washington
| Map of the U.S. highlighting Washington|
Location of Washington in the U.S.
|Founded||October 27, 1883|
|Address|| Adams County Courthouse|
P.O. Box 159
Asotin, Washington 99402–0159
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places / Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
Asotin County Courthouse
PO Box 159
Asotin, WA 99402-0159
County Auditor has birth and marriage records
from 189 1and death records 1891-1907.
County Clerk has divorce and probate records.
County Assessor has land records from 1891. 
- The name "Asotin" is from the Nez Perce language and means "place of eel" from the abundance of eels caught here.
- No counties created from Asotin County.
Places / Localities
Transcriptions of several cemeteries in Asotin County, many with a single burial, are available online at Interment.net. A listing of some additional cemeteries of Asotin County, along with some photographs of headstones, is also available online.
- 1890 Veterans
Washington State Digital Archives has digitized various types of naturalization-related records, including declarations of intentions, delayed birth files, naturalization affidavits, notifications of application for admission to US citizenship, orders fixing naturalization terms, petitions and records, petitions, receipts for certificates of citizenship, record of final decrees of citizenship and record of petitions dockets. Depending on the county, records range from 1854-1988.
- Marriages from 3 Feb 1884 to 6 Jun 1907 are available on the Western States Marriage index website.
- Washington State Digital Archives has a database of Asotin Marriage Records from 1900 to 2003.
- Washington Death Certificates 1907-1960 A free internet index to the 1907-1960 death certificates can be found at FamilySearch Record Search, no images are available. A transcribed death certificate may contain such information as name of the deceased, date and place of death, age, gender, birth date and birth place, mother’s maiden name and name of spouse, place of residence, occupation and certificate numbers.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- The Asotin County WAGenWeb Project, a member of The WAGenWeb Project, an affiliate of The USGenWeb Project.
- The USGenWeb Archives Project for Asotin County.
- The USGenWeb Archives Project for Asotin County. (Mirror site)
- FamilySearch.org Family History Library Catalog for Asotin County.
- Asotin County, Washington Genealogy and Family History (Linkpendium)
- Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Asotin County, Washington page 732, At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).