Atascadero California Family History Center
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
The Atascadero Family History Center is located at 2600 Ramona Road, in Atascadero, Ca. The center is dedicated to providing education and support for the family history community in the area.
- 1 Center Contacts and Hours:
- 2 Holiday Schedule:
- 3 'We will be closed the following dates in 2013'
- 4 Calendar and Events
- 5 Upcoming Events:
- 6 Roots tech
- 7 2013
- 8 Center Resources
- 9 Center Services
- 10 Resources in the Local Area
- 11 Links
Center Contacts and Hours:
- Address: 2600 Ramona Road, Atascadero, Ca. 93422
- Phone: 805-466-6103
- The entrance to the family history center is located on the North side of the building. Please ring doorbell for entrance to the center. Handicap parking is available.
- Mon: 10:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
- Tues: 6:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m.
- Wed: 10:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
- Thur: 10:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
'We will be closed the following dates in 2013'
- APRIL 1 - 5, Monday-Friday (Easter)
- MAY 27, Monday (Memorial Day)
- JULY 2 - 4, Tuesday - Thursday (4th of July)
- CLOSED THE MONTH OF AUGUST
- SEPTEMBER 2, Monday (Labor Day)
- NOVEMBER 11, Monday (Veterans Day)
- NOVEMBER 26 - 28, Tuesday-Thursday (Thanksgiving)
- DECEMBER 23 - JANUARY 3 (Christmas and New Years)
Calendar and Events
Family History and Technology Conference
March 21-23, 2013 Salt Lake City, UT
RootsTech, hosted byFamilySearch, is a conference designed to help you learn and use the latest technology to get started or to accelerate your efforts to find, organize, preserve, and share your family's connections and history.
For more information and to register, go to:
- FAMIILY HISTORY FAIR
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints/Family History Center
Saturday, MARCH 23, 2013
Los Angeles Family History Library
10741 Santa Monica Blvd., Los Angeles, CA
FREE REGISTRATION at rootstech.org/LAFSLib
National Genealogical Society 2013 Family History Conference
''Building 'New Bridges'
Las Vegas Convention Center
Las Vegas, Nevada ~ 8-11 May 2013
Presented by: National Genealogical Society
Phone Number: 703-525-0050 or 800-473-0060
Local Host Societies:
Centennial Las Vegas Genealogy Society
Clark County Nevada Genealogical Society
Jewish Genealogy Society of Souther Nevada
Las Vegas FamilySearch Library
Nevada African American Genealogy Society
Nevada State Society Daughters of the American Revolution
~ This year the NGS 2013 Family History Conference brings together genealogists and family historians, experienced researchers, and those new to research, professionals and non-professionals who share a common desire to learn how to share information about their ancestors. The conference will include programs for all skill levels and will feature tracks on DNA, ethnic research, the law, imigration, methodology, migration, the West, women, and more. Lectures, meal events, and social events all provide opportunities to learn from and network with other geneaologists.
The Family History Center will be hosting a Family History Booth during Colony Days
Saturday, October 19th in Atascadero
More info to follow! :D
- Introduction to Indexing classes are held every Wednesday
of the month from 11:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
Staff Training Meetings:
All inservice meetings will be held in the Relief Society Room
Sunday, MARCH 17 7:00 p.m. (Cancelled)
Sunday, MAY 19 7:00 p.m.
Sunday, SEPTEMBER 15 7:00 p.m.
Sunday, NOVEMBER 17 7:00 p.m.
- Family History Library Catalog: This center has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the Family History Library Catalog.
- The Atascadero Family History Center has a small collection of various resource books and private collections that are available for viewing in the center.
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal: This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions, included are the following:
- The 19th Century British Library Newspaper Digital Archive
- Access Newspaper Archive
- Alexander Street Press ~ The American Civil War
- Ancestry.com (Family History Library Edition ~ includes International databases)
- Find My Past
- Fold3 (Formerly Footnote.com)
- The Genealogist
- Godfrey Memorial Library
- Heritage Quest Online
- Historic Map Works Library Edition
- Paper Trail
- World Vital Records
- You may also access the Family History Center portal for other related family history research option, http://www.fhc.familysearch.org from your home computer, however, you will not be able to access the free premiums.
Hardware and Equipment
- The center has 9 computers, 5 microfilm readers, 1 microfiche reader, 1 scanner, 1 copy/printer machine, and 1 printer.
Resources in the Local Area
- San Luis Obispo Family History Center, 651 Foot Hill Blvd.San Luis Obispo, CA, Phone Number: 805-543-6328
- San Luis Obispo County Genealogical Society Library, 1288 Morro Street, San Luis Obsipo, CA, Phone Number: 805-528-6622 http://www.slocgs.org
- Heritage Shared http://www.heritageshared.org/
- History in San Luis Obispo County http://www.historyinslocounty.org/Bibliography.htm
- South County Historical Society, San Luis Obispo County http://www.southcountyhistory.org/
- Special Collections & University Archives Kennedy Library, California Polytechnic State University http://lib.calpoly.edu/specialcollections/
- Vital Records for the San Luis Obispo County, California Office of the Clerk-Record http://www.slocounty.ca.gov/clerk/Copies_of_Clerk_Records/Vital_Records.htm
- California Family History Centers https://www.familysearch.org/learn/wiki/en/Category:California_Family_History_Centers
- San Luis Obispo County, California https://www.familysearch.org/learn/wiki/en/San_Luis_Obispo_County,_California
- California https://www.familysearch.org/learn/wiki/en/California
- San Luis Obispo Family History Center https://www.familysearch.org/learn/wiki/en/San_Luis_Obispo_California_Family_History_Center
- Santa Maria Family History Center https://www.familysearch.org/learn/wiki/en/Santa_Maria_California_Family_History_Center