Auckland St Anne, Durham Genealogy
Auckland St Anne began as a chapel of ease to the Ancient parish of St Andrew. In 1782 it became a parish.
Durham University Library Archives and Special Collections Reference number: DDR/EA/PBT/2/12 Date: March 1765-1851
Contents: Includes transcripts for Escomb, May 1795-1803 DDR/EA/PBT/2/102 Parish Register transcripts are available to search free online at Record Search.
The dates of the post-1760 transcripts have been noted in detail and sometimes only cover years. For most parishes in the collection there are gaps in the sequence of transcripts. It is advisable to consult the original parish registers for these years and events.
The Parish Registers for the period 1855-1988 are deposited at Durham County Record Office, County Hall, Durham, DH1 5UL ( EP/Au.SAn).
Non Conformist Records
- Circuit Registers: Baptisms 1912-1936
- Circuit Registers (Primitive): Baptisms 1859-1945
- Circuit Registers (Wesleyan): Baptisms 1838-1962.
- Newgate (Unitarian): Baptisms 1934-1938, Marriages 1915-1959
- South Road (Unitarian): Baptisms 1905-1935
- Baptisms 1876-1904
- St. Wilfred: Baptisms, marriages & burials 1849-1916
Society of Friends
- Bishop Auckland Preparative Meeting: 1715-1894