Baine County, Alabama Genealogy
From FamilySearch Wiki
Revision as of 08:25, 14 August 2008 by Dsammy
- Baine County was formed 7 December 1866 from Blount, Calhoun, Cherokee, DeKalb, Marshall and St. Clair counties.
- The county was renamed Etowah county 1 December 1868.
- For the records, see Etowah County.
- Alabama: Her History Resources, W. Brewer; pub. Montgomery, Alabama, 1872.
- Alabama History, Joel Campbell Dubose; pub. Atlanta 1908
- History of Alabama, Albert Burton Moore; pub. Chicago, 1927
- History of Alabama and Dictionary of Alabama Biography, Thoams McAvory Owen; pub. Chicago, 1921.
- Report of the Alabama History Commission, Thomas McAvory Owen; pub. Montgomery, Alabama 1901
- History of Alabama, Albert James Pickett; pub. Birmingham, Alabama 1878