Baldwin County, Alabama Genealogy
- This article is about a southwest Alabama county. For other uses, see Baldwin.
|Dates for major county records|
|For earlier dates, try...|
|Remember these collections|
|Baldwin County, Alabama|
Location in the state of Alabama
Location of Alabama in the U.S.
|Founded||December 21, 1809|
|County Seat||Bay Minette|
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places/Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
Baldwin County Courthouse
1 Court Square
PO Box 239
Bay Mintre, AL 36507
Phone: (334) 937-9561
The Probate Court has marriage records from 1810,
probate records from 1809 and land records from 1808.
The Clerk of the Circuit Court has divorce and court records.
Baldwin County initially fell within the bounds of Mississippi Territory.
The following have information concerning African American research. Both should be used:
- African American Research (US) has more information about the kinds of records
- Alabama Minorities has information specific to Alabama African Americans.
|Source: "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. http://factfinder2.census.gov/faces/nav/jsf/pages/index.xhtml. Census Bureau|
For tips on accessing Baldwin County, Alabama Genealogy census records online, see: Alabama Census.
Civil War Battles Fought in Baldwin County
- 1864 - August 2-23 = Mobile Bay, also known as Passing of Forts Morgan and Gaines, (partly fought in Mobile County)
- 1865 - March 27-April 8, 1865 = Spanish Fort
- 1865 - April 2-9 = Fort Blakely
Battle information from Civil War Battle Summaries by State, by the Heritage Preservation Services.
Map showing Civil War battles in Alabama, by the Heritage Preservation Services.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Center
- 28721 County Road 13
Daphne, Baldwin, Alabama, United States
Hours: T 10am-2pm; W 6:30-8:30; Th 12-4pm
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- Baldwin County, Alabama Genealogy and Family History (Linkpendium)
- The Handybook for Genealogists : United States of America, 10th ed., (Draper, UT: Everton Publishers, 2002), p. 35.
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).